Woosh Rural Broadband and Rural Calling (RBI) Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “Woosh Rural Broadband” refers to both the Wireless Broadband service delivered as part of the Government Rural Broadband Initiative and the GSM Calling that can be delivered as an additional service (unless otherwise stated).
These terms and conditions are in addition to our standard Terms and Conditions, which also apply. Whenever there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Woosh Standard Terms and Conditions, these product-specific terms and conditions take precedence.
In these terms and conditions, Customer Services means the Woosh customer service team which is available on 0800 4 WOOSH (0800 496 674)
The Woosh Rural Broadband is only available to customers within the coverage zones of the Rural Broadband Initiative programme. Due to the ongoing expansion of the coverage zone we recommend that you call us on 0800 4 WOOSH (0800 4 96674) to check if you are within coverage.
Installation and equipment
- The Woosh RBI wireless modem requires main power for your internet and GSM phone connection to work. In the event of a power outage the service will not work, including access to emergency services. It is your responsibility to arrange for an alternative power source such as an Uninterruptable Power System.
- Woosh Rural Broadband requires a 3G Wireless Broadband Modem, antenna and cabling which are supplied to you by Woosh. You may not connect a different modem or replace any of the installed equipment without prior consent from Woosh.
Connection to the Wireless Broadband requires for the supplied equipment to be installed by a certified technician. Our technician will install an antenna on the roof of your premises, run cable on the outside of your premises and install one jack point inside your premises on an external wall. If you require any additional installation services, these may be available from our technicians at an additional charge. Additional charges may apply for remote areas.
Woosh offers no guarantee that the service can be supplied at the customer address even if prequalification checks indicated a positive result. At the beginning of installation the installer will perform an additional coverage check to confirm that the service will work. If there is insufficient coverage the customer will not be charged any fees associated with the failed installation.
The installation quotes provided to you at the point of sale are estimates based on your description of the premises and our assessment of the required work. Actual charges may differ. If due to the specifics of your situation (e.g. environmental factors, materials used in construction of your house, required location of the modem) the quote provided to you onsite by the technician exceeds the fixed charge for Premium installations as specified here, you have the right to refuse installation. However, in such case a one-off fee of $179.00 incl GST will apply to cover the cost of travel and admin..
If you arrange an installation and you are not at the arranged location, at the time scheduled, you will be charged a “No Show” fee of $179.00 incl GST.
As part of the installation the installer will install and connect the antenna, and will connect one computer to the modem. If you’ve chosen one of our Broadband and Phone plans, your phone will be connected to the modem as well. You can also request additional wiring (at an extra cost) to link your existing jack points to the wireless connections.
Your responsibilities with respect to installation include but are not limited to:
Obtaining all required approvals and consents for the installation of equipment
Obtaining all required approvals and consents for building alterations if such are required for the installation of the equipment
Allowing our technicians access to your premises
Your responsibilities and obligations with respect to the Woosh-supplied 3G wireless modem and antenna include, but are not limited to the following:
You must not use the included SIM with any other device. The SIM remains our property and must be returned to Woosh on request.
You must not make any alternations to the components including the modem, the antenna and the cable. This includes connecting the modem to antenna and cabling which have not been installed by installed by our technician.
You are solely responsible for care and maintenance of the antenna, cable and equipment following the installation. Where specialist maintenance or repair services are required charges may apply.
Your Woosh RBI connection is restricted to the premises where the equipment was installed. If you are planning to move please contact us in advance to arrange for installation of the equipment at your new location. Reconnection fees will apply. If you move to a location outside of Woosh RBI coverage zone you will need to terminate your contract with us. Early Termination Fees may apply.
Service Technician Dispatch
1) In the event that Woosh are required to dispatch a technician to your property to resolve an RBI fault, you agree to the following conditions of dispatch:
All customers unless stated otherwise are responsible at all times for any form of internal wiring and equipment at their property. Woosh accepts no liability for loss of service due to wiring within your property.
You have carried out all fault testing procedures requested by Woosh in their entirety. These procedures may include, but are not limited to removing all connected equipment from the RBI modem, removing any form of extension cables, and testing a separate phone
If it is found that a modem provided by Woosh is at fault then you must have given Woosh the opportunity to provide you with a replacement modem.
Woosh accepts no responsibility for charges from dispatching a technician should this process not have been followed.
2) Minimum pricing applies to service technician callouts. The actual amounts charged may be higher than the minimum amounts stated below.
The minimum price for Residential Service call is $179.00 incl GST
Travel costs of $1.38 incl GST per km will be charged for travel exceeding 50 km round trip from base of operations.
3) If you arrange a service technician callout and you are not at the arranged location, at the time scheduled, you will be charged a “No Show” fee of $179.00 incl GST.
Contract Terms and Charges
1) Contract Terms
New connections are subject to Woosh credit policies.
Woosh RBI Broadband and Broadband with Calling plans are available on 24 and 36 month contracts. The Early Termination Fee for both options is $489 incl GST ($425.22 excl GST).
Woosh Rural Broadband modem remains property of Woosh and needs to be returned to Woosh if you cancel your Woosh Rural Broadband service. A “no-return” fee of $249.80 incl GST ($217.22 excl GST) will be charged to your account if you fail to return the modem within 10 working days from discontinuing the service.
2) Data usage
Data usage is measured in Kilobytes. The amount of data available is determined by the plan you chose. You can change your plan once every 30 days to increase or decrease the data cap that is available to you. Customers on Unlimited Offpeak plan cannot change their plan during the duration of their contract.
Allocated data which hasn’t been used during the month cannot be carried forward to the following month.
3) Extra data charges
You can choose to continue using full speed broadband after you’ve reached your monthly allocated data cap, or slow down your connection to dial-up speed
Any extra data usage (full speed or limited speed) is charged for the actual amount of data used, measured in Kilobytes
The monthly fees for the Woosh Rural Broadband service are charged in advance
Your usage charges (e.g. calling, extra data, other services) are charged in arrears
Your first bill will include part month charges plus a month in advance
Compatibility and usage restrictions
1) The Wireless Broadband service cannot be used as a gateway server
2) The Wireless Broadband service must not be used for commercial telephony services such as: auto dialling, telemarketing, call centres, and using Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs).
3) The Wireless Broadband service is not suitable for online applications which require low latency, such as some online games (in particular First Person Shooters and sports games), high definition video conferencing, and others.
4) The Wireless Broadband and Calling service is not suitable for fax; EFTPOS, monitored alarms; medic alarms; or SKY. If you use one of these services you will need to retain a fixed landline.
Phone number transfer
If you are transferring your phone number from another provider you may be charged a cancellation fee. For the purpose of transferring your number from another provider to Woosh your responsibilities include:
1) Contacting your provider prior to phone number transfer to confirm the cancellation fees.
2) Contacting the previous provider after your number has been transferred to close the account and settle any outstanding charges.
The Woosh Rural Broadband calling rates (Rural Calling) apply to any calls made from the fixed or the wireless phone lines provided to you as part of the Rural Broadband package:
1) Calls are charged at applicable rates as per the relevant rates table.
2) National and international landline calls to 40 countries (including New Zealand) are capped at $2.40 for up to 40 minutes per call. After the first 40 minutes the per-minute rate will apply.
3) National and international mobile calls to 40 countries (including New Zealand) are capped at $3.40 for up to 40 minutes per call. After the first 40 minutes the per-minute rate will apply.
4) All Rural Calling customers are eligible to 1 x Extra Local Calling Area. Extra Local Calling Area calls are free for the first 40 minutes per call, after that your regular per minute rate will apply. You can make an unlimited number of calls, but Fair Use policy applies. You can change your Extra Local Calling Area once every 30 days.
5) Calls are charged on minute+minute basis.
6) All special numbers, such as 0900, 059, 0161, directory assisted calls, audio conferencing calls are charged at the applicable per minute rate as per your plan and per the special service providers’ tariffs.
7) Wireless Calling includes Voicemail, Caller Display and Call Waiting. Other services such as Call Diversion may incur additional charges.
Unlimited Offpeak Plan
The following terms apply to the Unlimited Off-peak plan
1) Off-peak period is defined as the period between 12am (midnight) till 6am
2) During the Off-peak period the connection speed is restricted to 512Kbps downstream (approximately 10 times as fast as broadband)
3) Any broadband traffic used during the off-peak is unmetered – which means it will not be counted towards the monthly broadband allowance.
Wireless Broadband with Fixed Phoneline
1) The Woosh Fixed (copper) Phone line and the applicable calling rates are only available to Woosh customers with Woosh Rural Broadband service
2) Standard line connection fees may apply. Refer to Woosh General Terms and Conditions for details.
3) Woosh doesn't offer standalone fixed phoneline services. If you discontinue your broadband services with us you will need to change your phoneline provider. If you haven't transferred your services to another provider, your phone will be disconnected and you will lose your phone number.